View Single Post
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-12-04, 22:22

I love this place for threads like this. :-)

People are getting more annoyed than I was over this and it's fantastic.

Honestly I would rather have the RAM, so I'm not entirely annoyed with the replacement and I don't know if I can wait another 3 weeks to get this changed again.

I didn't think it would be that difficult to get a base model iMac replaced due to being lemon. The first repair of this screen took place in February, with another in June, and a third in September. It's a "smudge" like thing on the bottom left, but it's not on the screen, so replacing the screen was a waste.

Definitely seems more like an internal heating thing going bad because it's spreading out from the bottom corner and gets worse over time.

I really just want the damn thing replaced and am getting highly annoyed that I'm still going back and forth with them for over a month since I said the issue came up again.

Would make this so much easier to just walk into an Apple Store with this one, confirm it's the same issue for the FOURTH time, and I walk out with a new one.

Now, they want me to find a box to send this back, they check it, and then they send me a replacement. Luckily, I have a MBP I can use to get by for however long the replacement process takes, but this iMac is my main machine and it's going to be a pain to be without it.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.