View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-07-29, 08:11

Don't worry about reinventing the wheel bpMF - I'm envious of your ability to write code and get a GUI onto an application. Keep it up!

If I can help with the theory or other musical aspects don't hesitate to send me a question. Happy to help on that side in whatever way possible.

Quote:
My next update will address some cosmetic issues and will try to show the scales closer to what you show in your example. Also, I will show the chord notes for the 7 chords in each scales. The user will be able to select between displaying triad, 7th, or 2 octave extended chords.
With regard to the GUI - it might be more streamlined if you offer a drop down menu for the modes perhaps? You might also want to offer the user an explanation of each mode too - you know, a small box of facts to enlighten them as to how the scale is constructed. I realise the app is really about finding the notes in each scale - but if you're doing this "for kicks" then you can afford to go the "whole hog" on it and really fine tune it as best you can. I'm sure there will be some good coding lessons in there somewhere!

(If you do also incorporate the chords - you might wish to include explanations for them as well?)

Anyway, just my 2c.

All I want is a simple life
twitter