View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-12-27, 18:31

I've lived for a time in the following states, plus two or three others.

Can you picture the whole scenario for the Alaska moose law? A mother is appalled that her little darlings (children) have beheld the shocking sight of moose conjugal relations during a recent trip that she and her kiddies made to the public library. What city councilperson could afford to vote in *favor* of moose eroticism? I wonder if the police are in charge of enforcing this law? Do they use stun guns on the poor creatures ( ), or some other kind of deterrent? I mean, a hormone-crazed bull moose (weighing what, 1,000 pounds?) would be a rather formidable adversary, I would imagine.

ALASKA
A law in Fairbanks does not allow moose to have intimate relations with one another on city streets.

COLORADO
In Denver, it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next door neighbor.

NEW MEXICO
In Carrizozo, N.M., it's forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public (includes legs and face). (Loony Laws" by Robert Pelton)

In Carlsbad, New Mexico, it's *legal* for couples to have sex in a parked vehicle during their lunch break from work, as long as the car or van has drawn curtains to stop strangers from peeking in.

MONTANA
Bozeman has a law that bans all sexual activity between members of the opposite sex in the front yard of a home after sundown, but only if they're *nude*. That may explain the late night run for a pair of socks in this town!

In Helena a woman can't dance on a table in a saloon or bar unless she has on at least three pounds, two ounces of clothing.

NORTH DAKOTA
Beer & pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.

In Fargo a man can't smoke a cigarette in front of a woman.

It's against the law in North Dakota to go to bed wearing shoes.