Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-12-02, 18:10

My first car was a title claim from the woods near my house. It had been abandoned long before I found it. 1967 Ford Galaixe 500. Mine was all white. I never got it street legal but I did get it running and replaced the whole brake system myself. It was my senior year Auto Shop project. I got an "A".

1989 Subaru GL, though mine was Black. Strictly A to B until it was hit by an incompetent driver.

Subaru was replaced by an 1989 Plymouth Sundance. Yet again it was a cheap A to B car.

The Plymouth was replaced by a 1969 Ford Mustang. I loved this car. It had some serious character. I rebuilt the engine in it and did some other major mods to it. I loved that car until it stranded me for the third time. Mine had a white hood and spray paint blue complete with run on the body.

After being stranded I kept the Mustang for a while but use a 1998 Ford Ranger as my daily driver and off roading toy. I added real nerf bars and brush guards for the front grill/light and real lights. I also added PIAA Off Road Driving light to the grill guard. I really liked that ride.

The Ranger was replaced with my current car at 195K miles, the Ford Contour Sport with 2.5L. Nice without an mods. I still enjoy driving this car.

I passed my Contour on to my wife and picked up a 1999 Toyota Camry since it had better milage for the long trips I went on. I enjoyed the car's comfort but missed the power of my Ford.

It died young due to the sludge build up issue that model engine had.

I went back to my Ford and got my wife a 2005 Toyota Sienna. She loves it and I enjoy driving it when I take the whole family with me.

Not sure what's next but I would love another sporty car. I think we are heading for something a little different though.

Not this model, but you get the idea.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.