View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-16, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
...it was just brought to my attention (by my sister) that The Last Jedi is currently not available on Disney+. Is this true?
This is true, but neither is Avengers: End Game. I suspect it is because these things are still making money, selling DVD's, etc. No surprise. Studios will [almost] always run their wares until they have bled us dry before they release to streaming services.

On that note, keep in mind that The Last Jedi was "still making money" by streaming through Netflix.

Maybe.

Or maybe I'm full of crap.

I'm going with option 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
The one SW movie, shitty as it is, that folks might be interested in watching this week to review/catch up before TROS opens, isn't there. My sister said that it shows as coming on December 26.
While it is indeed now canon, I suspect close to nothing referenced in Episode XIII will appear in Episode IX. Seriously, that movie was so incredibly bad, so full of PC crap, and so poorly received, that I bet there is little going on nothing other than meaningless Rose that will carry over.

What a gigantic turd!

Besides, what did Episode XIII leave us with that needs to be resolved in Episode IX? The rebellion is down to a group of people that escaped on one tiny ship. Nothing, literally nothing, can resolve that. The rebel force in the Episode IX trailers is serious ex machina BS and nothing more. Disney laid a rotten egg and the only way out is to pretend it didn't happen.

No, Episode IX will chart it's own ROTJ path with absolutely nothing to hang on.

Tonight, I'm going to watch The Mandalorian #6 and be thankful there is someone at Disney who can have fun with SW.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)