View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-02, 13:23

They’ve got the opportunity to do just that.

I just don’t think he’s going to loom large, or accompany the Mando throughout. Too much competition and detracts from the show’s main character.

Would be like some hiister indie band out of Austin hiring Paul McCartney to be their new bass player.

“Dude is all old and shit, but he’s, like, got some chops. I think he used to, like, play in some band called, like, Wings or something? Anyway, he said he had his own gear and would work for cheap...”.

Nobody cares, Brandon.

Whether Mando and child make it back to tatooine or you-know-who shows up elsewhere to have their back in heroic fashion, who knows.

But I do think he will factor heavily in one episode and be used to the absolute fullest in a satisfying way (fighting, guns blazing, etc.). But I think that’s their hold back. That’ll be their season finale “holy crap!” plot/sequence.

And if they really wanted to break YouTube, the lovely Ms. Dawson factors in and it’s the two of them teaming up to fight off a battalion of stormtroopers. Two of the most popular characters in SW lore, fighting side-by-side with their weapon of choice, against impossible odds, to save an innocent child?

Imagine that visual.

That would ignite/unite fandom in a way episodes 7-9 never could/did. A 40-minute TV show could do what three sprawling pieces-of-shit couldn’t over four years.

Fan service, in and of itself, isn't automatically bad or a negative. But it has to be well-written, have some underlying reason/meaning and not come across as cheap/pandering.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-02 at 13:43.