View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-03-10, 21:01

Yeah, I talked about that way upthread. I can imagine that. And, if no outright Han (is there even enough computer processing power at Lucasfilm to de-age Harrison Ford's crusty old ass? ), then perhaps Chewie and/or the Falcon in some capacity?

Now that they seem to have a handle on that stuff, and it looks way better than it did at the end of the second season finale over a year ago, I can see them doing that a bit, if it makes sense. It can't be a full-on Fake-Fest, every episode, but done well and if it doesn't hurt or detract from anything, sure.

My objections to Luke showing up a lot is just the heaviness of it, all that lore and weight of who he is, what he represents, etc. bogging down a breezy, standalone show like The Mandalorian. Han Solo (or Chewie) doesn't carry that much weight and doesn't represent the whole Jedi/Sith/Force stuff. I can see him, a smuggler/freighter pilot who passes through Mos Eisley from time to time, showing up in a brief, fun cameo and it not being too hard to believe.

In the original Star Wars, Obi-Wan obviously knew about the cantina (and Mos Eisley in general), who frequented the place, its reputation, etc. There's no telling who he's bumped into during those ~20 years between episodes 3 and 4.