View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-04-06, 07:40

So latest news in Russian troops did horrible and despicable acts in the places they occupied prior to pulling out of those regions. Bucha being the place that seems to be the worse based on reports I've seen.

I'm putting this in spoiler tags for those who don't want to read more specifics:
Spoiler (click to toggle):
Quote:
“They cut off limbs, slashed their throats, women were raped and killed in front of their children,” Zelensky said of Russian forces. “Their tongues were pulled out only because the aggressor did not hear what they wanted to hear from them.”

I know war is hell, but the worse part of all of this is no single Russian will be held accountable for this. If it were the US we would have an Inspector General (or their team) up the service member's business until they had enough evidence to punish them. They would dress down entire platoons and such to find exactly who did what. Russia, I'm guessing Putin would buy those soldiers a beer.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.