View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-03, 09:43

Real quick, going back to one of 709's observations above...

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Leia, by design or otherwise, is kinda the Grogu of this show. Tiny, cute, overflowing with personality/watchability, introduced in the very first episode, out of nowhere/no hints of it happening, and with ties - visual or actual - to the OT, kinda drives the plot/motivates the lead character (bringing out their softer, fatherly instincts)...and that has to be protected by said lead character over many/all episodes.

Nobody was expecting, 2-3 years ago, for a little baby Yoda head to pop up from that cradle at the end of the very first episode of The Mandalorian. And I know damn well nobody was expecting this show to feature a young Leia so prominently! We all thought 10-year-old Luke would be getting the screen time, but the show, as with baby Yoda, threw everyone a curveball surprise.

And now, like Grogu, she's getting a lot of the attention and Internet "awwww".

If you follow this out, does that mean Andor and/or Ahsoka will adhere to the same pattern? I don't see it as much for Andor, but you never know. Will the pattern be that something little and cute gets introduced, as a surprise, in episode one and becomes the sidekick to the star? I kinda hope not, because that could get played out/predictable really quick. Considering Ahsoka's timeline (~30 prior to the sequel trilogy), is she going to wind up with toddler Poe Dameron under her protection? Let's all hope not.