View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-03, 14:18

We can certainly hope.

Something hit me earlier. It's not plot-specific, but I'll put it into spoiler tags just to be on the safe side...

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Is this show capable of a second season/installment? Because, speaking for myself, I'd love to see more. Even if it time-jumped ahead a few years, with a slightly older, but more-like-his-old-self Obi-Wan, and a 13-14 year old Luke? But I don't think he needs to be the focus (he got three full movies, after all). But just Obi-Wan ducking danger and avoiding detection while hiding out on Tatooine (which I thought this show was going to center on, but they've been everywhere but Tatooine, it seems.

I'd like to see how/why Obi-Wan said what he did about Mos Eisley to Luke on that ridge in A New Hope. Lots of story ideas to mine there...smugglers, bounty hunters, inquisitors, traders, farmers, droids, Jawas, Sandpeople, cantina low-lifes and scoundrels. In my mind there's certainly room for Cad Bane, Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Tarkin, etc. if they wanted to explore those avenues. Those people were all alive and active during that period from this show to Episode IV. People like Bane and Fett might be out looking for Obi-Wan and others like him, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan certainly have a connection/history, Tarkin would be running things on the Death Star as the events of A New Hope drew nearer, etc.

The writing, acting, stakes, the thrill of seeing Obi-Wan and Vader going at it, etc. just seems too good to limit to a one-off six-episode thing. I hope we hear, in the coming weeks/months, that we're going to get a second installment of this show in late 2023/early 2024. If it's anything like these first three, I think everyone would love to hear that news. And I'm betting both McGregor and Christensen are game.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-03 at 14:30.