View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-07, 11:02

Episode (chapter?) 4 tonight. I have no idea what to expect, which is really nice. I love that I refrain from seeking anything out on the front end. When I go into this stuff at 3am, MacBook propped on my knees in bed and my earbuds in, anything is possible! When stuff happens, it's a genuine surprise and ""ooh, I wasn't expecting that!", watching in the dark. I love that ~45 minutes between 3-4am with this stuff.

I have some hopes/guesses (nothing blatantly spoiler below, but if you've not watched the first three episodes, you may want to avoid). But if you've seen all the installments so far, then feel free to click below...just speculation/wondering on my part).

Spoiler (click to toggle):
- I assume, at some point, Leia gets returned and they finish things up back on Tatooine? For a show called Obi-Wan Kenobi, I never dreamed we would've spent this much time away from the one planet I assumed he spent that entire ~20 years living on, watching over Luke. Instead it's been he's actually kinda watching over/helping Leia, and traveling to a new planet every week! I would not have predicted any of that, going into this show four weeks ago.

- With the way this show zigs and zags, and does the unexpected (see above), part of me is now wondering if that's the only encounter with Vader we'll get? I know everyone (myself included) is expecting Obi-Wan to recuperate and rediscover his mojo and face off against Vader again, where he holds his own a bit more. But maybe their rematch is actually on the Death Star, 10 years later? We'll still get more Vader (and maybe flashbacks of pre-Vader Anakin), but maybe that one, lopsided duel in the mining town was it for this series? You never can tell, and nothing would surprise me...I've been absolutely wrong about no fewer than six aspects of this show in my assumptions/predictions! What's a few more at this point?

- We know, just from Episode IV, who survives and makes it another 9-10 years, so the next three episodes can't really shock us with any good guy deaths (we all know Obi-Wan, Owen, Beru, Luke, Bail and Leia aren't going anywhere) or the usual "OMG!" cliffhangers, so anything "shocking" will be limited to the Empire, IMO. In other words, I think Reva is living on borrowed time and will not make it out of the final episode alive. I think she'll die, but it won't be at the hands of Obi-Wan. I think she, true to form she's displayed across all episodes so far, will sass off/yell at Vader in a moment of frustration. "You can pull that shit with others, Third Sister, but you've apparently forgotten who you're talking to. *SNAP*" Or, like so many others before (and after) her, she fails/disappoints Vader and he offs her. Or maybe she betrays him, helping Obi-Wan by the final episode, and pays the price? No matter what, I believe she's dead before it's all over. And by Vader. Too easy/predictable that she duels with Obi-Wan, IMO. I would've thought that 2-3 weeks ago. But seeing how at odds she is with everyone, even her own side, I think it's her own people (Vader) who'll do away with her. I'll be shocked if she survives. They might soften/humanize her a bit in the next few episodes, confirming that she was that youngling in the Jedi temple at the start of first episode (that has to factor in/pay off somehow, these next three episodes, or they never would've shown that sequence; I do believe that young girl was Reva, and her Jedi roots may eventually override what she's become), and how her (short) life was full of upheaval and tragedy. That would make for a bigger impact, if/when she dies. Nobody's that relentlessly mean and scream-y without some looming redemption arc. They've been telegraphing this one since the opening episode, IMO.

- Whatever happens tonight has to start setting the stage for the final two episodes. They don't have 4-5 more episodes to drag it out, as they might've done with The Mandalorian. That's the good thing about having six episodes. No room for filler or dilly-dallying around. Every episode has to count (yeah, I know...The Book of Boba Fett; but this is already a far better show).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-06-07 at 11:33.