View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-31, 07:45

I'm with you on the price for value of the G4 Pro. I'm sure the image is awesome, when it isn't fogged over. That is one complaint I saw back when it first launched. I'm sure that has been resolved... but I haven't really looked back at it because of the price.

Homebridge + Homebridge UniFi Protect is how you get the cameras and the doorbell into HomeKit. It is simple to set up (and I'd be happy to coach you through it if needed) but means when someone rings your doorbell, the HomePods chime and such. At this point it even convinces Apple to store the camera video in the cloud for you. Not that we want it with our DMPs, but still. Create a "service account" in the camera that will allow your Homebridge instance to log into the DMP and you will have it all in one place. I've got 9 cameras showing in my Home and all are Unifi Protect. My doorbells also ring the HomePods so I can actually hear the doorbell in the basement. If you have an "rtsp" compatible camera you can bring it into Home with homebridge-camera-ui.

For your APs, you don't think that is overkill? Most homes you could get away with one U6 LR, let alone 3 assuming one on each floor. Granted, I don't know your floor plans or size, but that is a lot of APs. I have an IW-HD and it reaches several hundred feet down my yard. Those five you have will likely cover much of your space, let alone the U6 LRs.

Of course I just looked at my network and I have 6 APs total now. No dead spots though!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.