View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-02, 13:26

So, I actually watched this video and I find it very hypocritical. The whole point of this is "down with Trump and his supporters." While at about 14:30, Joe talks about violence in the streets and protests like that being unacceptable and yet Antifa and BLM did just that with nothing stopping them. Violence isn't acceptable in this country but who is prosecuting the violent protestors in those actions?

I'm glad people are doing time and being held accountable for Jan 6th, but where is that for those destroying cities, personal property that isn't theirs? While saying he won't stand by and watch, what did he do? What did his party do?

If you all where honest with yourself and remove a party affiliation or even a political ideal, how is allowing cities and personal property to be destroyed while letting those caught walk free with no punishment acceptable? The rule of law was quoted multiple times in that speech and yet I'm seeing law breakers walk free to commit the same crimes again and again. I'm seeing police being personally attacked and defunded and yet we operate under the rule of law? How can anyone not see the hypocrisy here?

So really, it was a Biden pep rally with a slam of a political opponent. Of course he isn't going to point out his faults, I get that. However, I do see him as being the pot calling the kettle black. There is no way that is makes sense how this "speech" was anything but dividing the country and an attempt to discredit Trump more than he has already done himself.

Heck, Joe has apparently put out a statement this morning to "clarify" the divisiveness spoken last night.

I didn't bother reading the article from Gizmodo because with a title like that, clearly it is nothing but bias. Here is a reference for you though with the URL where you can feel free to read it if you wish.
Gizmodo title has been updated, but the URL is still mostly the same: gizmodo.com/donald-trump-fill-diapers-joe-biden-speech-maga-twitter-1849488910

As an armchair look on this, Joe would have been better off not targeting Trump or his supports but rather promote the agendas he thinks should be moved forward. Liz Cheney was voted out because she moved from what she stood by to who she hated. Who wants a politician who focuses on who they hate as opposed to the good they are going to do/are doing?

I think Joe did more to galvanize the far right than he did to draw people more center.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.