View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-03, 12:51

Interesting article. I don't actually use Fox News so this was something I've not seen before. To the point about that article, how many who were arrested actually stayed in jail, were prosecuted or otherwise actually faced charges other than catch and release? General searching isn't promising that they were anything but catch and release. This might be good for sport fishing but sucks for criminal management. However, really that is a problem with blue political management, not the President. He does the country, not local and state level affairs.

Checking the link did bring me to this response from DeSantis though which I happen to find very well stated and to the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov. Ron DeSantis
[Biden's speech] was one of the most disgusting speeches an American president has ever given. He ran as being a unifier, and he's basically saying to the vast majority of the country that disapproves of him that they're effectively a threat to the republic. He dodders, he lashes out. But at the end of the day, his policies are why there's so much opposition to him.

He came in and he opened the border, and we've seen what a disaster that's been. He kneecapped American energy. We've seen how that's hurt millions and millions of people across our country. They've inflated the currency. We have one of the worst inflations we've had in over 40 years. So of course, people are going to be upset at all the wreckage that he's left in his wake. He is the American Nero. He's a failed leader.
The first paragraph is the kicker and why I started this thread. For running to "unify" the country he did the exact opposite in this speech. He did more to alienate and segregate the people than he did to unify. Now he did it based n political view, not skin color though it is the same result.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.