View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2022-09-04, 09:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
I’ll be honest this is the first time I’ve even looked at the speech. Not sure I get what all the big blow back is about. Are people upset that Biden talked about the danger of extremism, and people who are trying to undermine democracy? He clearly didn’t call all republicans evil or anti-democratic. Not exactly calling half of Americans evil or extremists, as was somewhat asserted earlier in this thread. Way to many comments being taken out of context to say something they are not. No wonder things get so heated.

I don’t really get off on all this praise great America stuff, had to pass that BS over (sorry, but not sorry), but over all it seems like he was a) talking to his base as all politicians do and B) addressing, from his point of view, the type of people who are trying to undermine democracy in the US to the detriment of the majority of Americans. Hardly as divisive as I was expecting.
I honestly think the idea of “unifying” to the GOP and conservative media at least in the narrative is forgetting January 6 ever happened or treat it as no big deal. It happened, move on. By continuing to talk about it, it’s just attacking Trump, continues to divide, etc.

giggity