View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-09-05, 05:26

Finally, I think that it is super important to recognize that a lot of people who defended Trump for as long as they could, were always better citizens than Trump; including a lot of the people who were swept up in his crazy January 6th raid.

By that, I mean that they were more ethical, more polite, more civic-minded, more measured, less bombastic.

I have stood on the steps of the house of an old man I've known since I was 6 years old and I told him that he was a better person than Trump. I think I kind of astonished him when I listed all the ways he was better. It kind of shut down the debate we'd been having.

Biden did not demean all Republicans, only those who have continued to push demonstrably false information; the minds Trump has hacked. His flesh and blood bot army.

Biden:

“For a long time, we’ve reassured ourselves that American democracy is guaranteed. But it is not. We have to defend it. Protect it. Stand up for it. Each and every one of us."

“MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people, refuse to accept the results of a free election.”

Republicans need to be part of the group protecting the Constitution, even if it means that our team doesn't win the next game.