Thread: iPhone 14
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-20, 09:16

"Go to Settings > Display & Brightness to turn off the Always-On display."

So pretty easy to turn off the always on display now for the Pro models.

I actually started playing with the "Focus" options recently now that I have greater flexibility with them. I was hesitant to bother with more than Sleep and normal DND.

Now though, I've setting custom wallpapers, icon/app layouts and notification managements based on the particular focus set. It is actually really helpful in certain situations. I'm still tweaking for sure, but overall enjoying getting some apps up front during certain focus times.

Really, I'm using it more location based than anything. So like when I show up to church it goes to a "Church" focus where the apps I use for church are on my home page and nothing else. Since my phone knows when I get to church, it is set automatically. This also mutes notifications from all but a select few, that kind of thing.

Of course, this also means the widgets on the lock screen are relevant to the location as opposed to any that aren't.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.