View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2010-01-16, 19:20

Thanks to all who entered, I hope we get more people in this months challenge! Even with only 6 entries this was tough, I like all these images, but I did have to pick the one I liked best
so here goes, from last to first.

6.Dorian:
This photo brings back memories of putting up, or down, the Christmas tree. I think the colours and light are great, but I marked this down because it seems busy, if you have focused on the decorations, or just the man with the tree, I think it might have been better.

5.Brad: I love your honesty about this shot, not boring at all! I think working on my computer is my second favorate winter activity to going for a walk in the snow, when we have some. I like the way you composed this shot, for the most part, looking up at your work, knowing that you enjoy listening to some tunes as you sit back and type away on your MBP. Its hard to say, but I think a slightly, and I mean slightly, wider composition might have put this higher up.

4.GSpotter:
It must be great to go for a walk in the snow with your dog, I can see that your dog had a great time! I love the exposure and the emotion on the dogs face, and the snow as it was kicked up. In some ways I think a tighter composition would have helped me like this image more, or if the dog was more to the left of the frame.

3.Turtle 2472: This would be a great photo to send to a company that sellls stock photos, seriously. I like the overall feel of the image, simply because I can feel the emotion that comes from the decoration, and what it means. At the same time I marked it on the lower side, because I felt that it could have used a little bit more depth of field.

2.julesstoop: I like this photo as well, even the lens flare that is in the corner gives it character. I like the light, the composition and the mood of the people is understood. I almost put this one in first place, but Chinney's photo just edged it out of 1st place

1.Chinney: The moment I saw this photo I remembered how much fun it was to go snowshoeing. The composition, the colours and just the feeling I get from this photo makes it stand out to me.

Chinney, the door is open for you to pick our topic for the January 15 - February 15 Challenge: Enjoy!