View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-01-27, 16:54

I am going to start tonight -- at the very least preping the ground so it is safe to make cobble runs at nigh etc. I have also realized that the ground is quite high where the trap is going -- the opening for the trap is a mere 8 blocks off of the surface at that position. So the ground needs to be lowered, a lot.

Anyway, I would be happy to take any help I an get. I have a vague game plan, backwards:

Last thing to be build is ceiling/roof, this will be made of Smooth Stone as it is the foundation of the sky ranch.

Second to last thing is adding water, from the opening, back towards the walls where egress routes will likely end up. Before this the torches will be removed, i am hoping for some good daylight for these two steps. I may pre-build scaffolding over the trap area to make it easier/safer to add the roof, but I haven't decided yet how to do this.

My plan is to attack the construction from the low point to the high, first with the channels and then with the internal walls/platforms. This should make it relatively painless. Anyone who wants to help will probably find it best to just grab a section and go. I have decided that a level by level plan doesn't help on something this large, and i think the design is repetitive and simple enough that it isn't entirely necessary.

But the first thing that needs to be done is lighting up the ground under the skyranch -- most of the area needing to be lit (which excludes my mob trab and Kraetos's mob trap) it is still uncovered so this should be straightforward. Also very important is clearing out any and all caves below the surface -- lighting them up prevents mobs from spawning down there and increases the likelihood they spawn in the collection chamber. And lastly, deforesting the remaining area under the ranch. There isn't much left, this should be easy.

If you are helping me, I assume that any resources found/harvested in newly lit/discovered caves, or gathered by deforesting, for instance, are yours. I think this is a fair trade for your assistance.

I might have enough coal to supply the torches needed for lighting, but i am not sure, it might be helpful if those that are helping can toss in a stack or two of coal...

Alright, I will see you all tonight... This is going to be epic.