View Single Post
Stevuh

Send a message via AIM to Stevuh  
2005-11-15, 13:49

so monday morning i pulled out my PB to use it in class for some photshop work and then a keynote presentation. I tried to plug it in and even though the power socket is working my laptop refuses to charge.

So i fgure my cord is broken again... and i got to the ITS dept on campus and ask for a cord to check mine against. and low and behold nothing happens even though their 15" pb was just charging on it too. check my powercord on my buddies iBook a little later on and it works fine.

so i figure that my power input board is dead, right? so i borrow my friend ibook to look up prices on getting a replacement installed, and where to have it done. 1.5 - 2 hours later someone unplugs my cord and puts it into my pb which is off and i works. so i figure thatthrough some kind of vodoo magic my PB is working again.

take it home after not using it for a few hours and it doesn't charge again. i've reset pram, and done all the usually restart shutdown stuff, because i can't charge installs and stuff don't really work because of battery life limitations. i even looked up how to reset the PMU on my pb on apple's site. tried it nothing happens except my clock resets like it should.

so i left it plugged in and a couple hours later while i was watching TV i glance over and the cord is glowing green, (should be amber cause it needs charged but at this point i'll take it). i havn't touched it since then.

i think that the powerinput board is in need of replacement still. Can anyone verify this, or help me fix this?

ALPB 15" 1.25 prcessor running 10.4.3 with 768 RAM

thanks in advance
Stevuh

"History will be kind to me because i intend to write it" -- Winston Churchill

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. -- Winston Churchill