View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-03-16, 19:31

Oh, the hair.

Kick: Yeah, last 10 minutes. Absolute fury. Rule 1 of dating fans of ACC teams: stay the fuck out of their way and don't say the *slightest* thing that *might* be construed as negative about their team. Our only 2 huge blow-up, drag-out arguments were the results of the following comments made by me on separate occasions:

1. "People really seem to really hate each other with this whole basketball rivalry around here. Just seems silly to me how far it goes."

My choice of the word "silly" did me in, bigtime. Huge fight where she pulled out every weapon and put-down from left field. I mean, she came at me with accusations about having a wandering eye... everything.

2. "Carolina is playing sloppy ball right now."

That was during their loss to Duke earlier in the season. She almost left me. Seriously. She packed her stuff, leashed her dog, went to her car and sat in it for 10 minutes before calling me to see if I was sorry enough. But she waited until after the game ended of course.

For the record, I still think this kind of thing is silly if not slightly psychotic. But if that's her one serious fault, I can deal with it. It's easy enough to avoid. For the record also, she will never turn me into that Carolina fanatic she wants me to be. And yes, we have had the discussion about our potential offspring. I put down my foot on the whole pushing-the-child-to-attend-UNC thing. Her parents did that with her, and I think she realizes that it was part of her problem dealing with the stress of college.