Thread: 2016 15" Mbp.
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-01-11, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
Yes it is... Actually you can change nearly everything about it...

It is the most inventive interface these computers have I think -- the drag and drop interface change, the moving the mouse from the screen to the touch bar, is smooth and kinda shocking actually the first time you do it...
If you can tell me how to remove Siri from the touchbar (other than setting to to the f1 - f12 or the standard interface) I'd love to know.

I just want to get rid of the Siri button in the touch bar, but retain the ability to modify what it displays in other apps. (found out how, steps below)

Ok, just figured out how to do this. Didn't realize before the mouse cursor would travel to the touchbar in order to remove an item on there I didn't want.

So, anyone else who wants to tweak theirs:

System prefs, keyboard, Customize control strip.

From there, mouse down off your screen to the Siri button in the control bar. When your invisible cursor is over it, the button will highlight. Drag it up off the Control Strip and it will be removed similar to removing a Dock item.

Thanks Bobsky, that's super, super helpful to know I can remove it! I had found info on customizing within an app, but didn't realize I could do the same to the default set.

I just replaced the "Siri" button with a "Show Desktop" button instead. The Control Strip just became way less annoying and way more useful.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me