View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-24, 00:53

Whoops! forgot to mention that I trimmed the map earlier this evening. I culled about half of the map just by deleting sections on the distant outer areas that were explored but not built upon. After a few hours of play, the size of the world has stabilized around 61 MB.

I've rendered the latest map image in a simpler top-down perspective. This is at 50% size, making 1 pixel = 4 (2x2) blocks. North is up!

Part of my reasoning for rendering the world this way was so it would be easier to highlight that, yes, there are vast sections of unused and unmined lands. If you're about to embark on a journey to find diamonds or lapis, look no further. I've just circled two of the bigger areas. There are still lots of smaller areas between developed areas too.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.