View Single Post
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2011-04-10, 16:20

First, sorry for returning late to this thread.

Second, thanks for the great entires! As always, we could have coped with another couple, but I enjoyed all the photos entered.

GSpotter's is excellent, but I feel the camera was still a little high, or made to look a little high by the fish-eye lens. It's nevertheless clearly an accomplished photo in its own right, expertly envisaged and crafted — and quite humorous too!

Chinney's entry is a charming photograph that certainly meets the low standard accepted! It's enjoyable to look at too, with a crisp line of backlit toys in focus, and a boy in the evocatively blurred background looking out the window, seemingly dreaming of bigger toys.

SpecMode's photo uses depth of field to effectively draw one's attention to the earthy trail, which looks like a worm's paradise!

Turtle and PB PM both shot birds that may well eat worms, and their compositions make good use of the low vantage point to instil a sense of danger. I think PB PM's tilted horizon adds to the feeling of urgency, and is therefore appropriate for the subject.

Ultimately, though, I am most convinced by Chinney's photo, which evokes in me the pathos of growing up.

Over to you, Chinney! And sorry I didn't give you the weekend to get the next topic up.