View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-12-04, 18:57

Holy smokes!

You know… it's a funny thing. That chunk was pruned as part of The Great Upgrade Purge, but when I traveled the perimeter of the saved world to see if everything looked right, I noticed that there was a curious entryway stuck right on the edge of the saved chunk. I though to myself, "well that's interesting... I wonder if someone was starting to build there," and I went to dig out the chunk from the last backup. Sure enough, there was something beyond that entry inside the island, but I had no idea whose it was. I decided to keep the restored chunk, but I totally neglected to mention it on the forums.

I'm glad I let the curiosity get the best of me!

As for moving it around, that's not easy (much harder than the good old days of bukkit and WorldEdit), but it's not strictly impossible… depending on how much we're talking about moving. Next time you're online, would you walk about, maybe dirt-tower-up if necessary since this is near water, and get some X/Y/Z coordinates for opposing corners, and I'll see how hard it might be to grab.

Were you thinking about moving all the way down to bedrock, or just the "surface" area above sea level?
And any thoughts on what destination area you might like to move it?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.