View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-02-25, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
I actually never look at receipts...but i'm a bit geeky and would know the price of 3 cookies with tax ahead of time and been surprised at the register by the price...

then the question becomes, would i just pay knowing the price is off...or would i politely correct the cashier...or would i just walk off sans cookies?

g
I'm a bit geeky too (and Oregon has no sales tax, which makes mental math easy). I did notice the price was higher than expected as I ordered (which was why I looked at the receipt), but I thought they might have just raised their prices (not all their prices are listed on the menu) and I wasn't given a receipt until after my order was bagged. Needless to say, this place isn't one of those places that has a big LCD that shows you an itemized breakdown of your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Errrr... If you'd already eaten all the cookies and then notice the discrepancy, I probably would not say anything because it would look like you are pan-handling for free cookies.
I brought the bag of cookies up with me, but from what I gather, the "pressed cookie button four times instead of three" error happens quite often at this establishment; they pretty much asked me if I wanted the fourth cookie or my money back with no questions asked (to their credit).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong