View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-04, 01:21

Lest this turn into a Teslafest, I don't plan to own an EV until the 2030s, when the network is built out, and I daresay I still represent the overwhelming majority of the market who will buy Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) in the near future.

Having said that, conventional automakers have been pushed into moving into the EV market, but they will continue to supply the rest of us with ICE until then.

The current model of the Honda Accord is a fine vehicle, but I sure don't like what happens from the c-pillar back. It's got a dumpy ass. The Civic looks like a first time car buyer's ride but even the automatic transmission of that model is probably more fun to drive than the Accord.

The KIA Stinger is a hot ride, but it isn't really sensible.

The K5 has my interest, and I've been following the rollout of the Seltos, but I will confess that I'm concerned about the long-term reliability of the KIA and Hyundai line of cars, and PBPM's dismissal of the brand makes me wonder if there's something I don't know about the line.

Finally (and this should be a breakout discussion because it isn't a sedan) I have been assiduously following the news about the Ford Bronco. I have zero idea of what the Bronco represents as a lifestyle ride. Does it mean you have to chaw tobacco? Does it mean you have to always have fishing gear in the back? Because I can't back any of that shit up. I would likely not take it into the mud, which is what it seems they're selling. And gas mileage? I have low expectations there...

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter