View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-02-27, 12:09

This one aired on cable quite a bit throughout January, and I saw it again the other day...

Chewy.com new puppy commercial...this family is beyond useless.

They go and buy a cute puppy with apparently zero front-end research or planning. They don't know what to feed it, and then act a little surprised that it's pissing on the floor. And if you get into the details, they've already got the dog and are just now ordering some food for it? Swinging by Safeway on the way home to grab a bag of Puppy Chow is out of the question? Unless it's one of those same-day Amazon drone things dropping it on your porch in about 90 minutes, what's the poor dog going to eat until they figure it out? Baloney sandwiches and Skittles, I guess.

Imagine the rest of that phone call...

"Do dogs have a soul? Am I supposed to let him shit in the bathtub? Will he play well with a rattlesnake because we have lots in our backyard? Does he need water every day, or is just one a month fine? When we take him on a trip, does he ride in the car or do we strap him to the roof? Or are we supposed to drive real slow and let him run alongside us on his leash? We obviously don't know shit about anything! LOL!"

After hanging up...

"Owning a puppy is hard work, kids, and we're in no way qualified to do so...yay! Now throw him in the closet and go clean up for dinner. His food will be here in 2-3 days."

The kicker is the ending, where the dad can't seem to manage to screw together a four-sided cage (probably his first time holding a screwdriver or Allen wrench; he probably calls an electrician to change lightbulbs). Is that Chewy rep really going to sit on the phone for 75-minutes while this guy navigates those waters? Isn't enough salary in the world...

I hope this puppy escapes out a window, runs down the street and winds up with a more competent, prepared family than this goofy bunch. He's entirely too cute to be saddled with these clue-starved dorks for 10+ years.

"Mommy, can puppies fly? Because I just threw Ruffles off the roof...".