Thread: MC: Currency
View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-04-25, 19:00

So there was an interesting idea brought up again in the 1.5 thread. We've had a little banter about it in the past, but since our world has grown beyond the dirt and wood beginnings into a semblance of a civilization (which I expect will continue on into a metropolis ), the idea of buying and selling goods inevitably comes to the fore.

That leads us to two things: a) a currency system; and b) a small infusion of said currency into the world (or, the banking system at least).

Some sexy subsets: A) does anyone see the need for this? B) who decides what is worth what? C) We'd have to build a bank. Honor system of course, but I don't see that as being a problem. OR DO I?

In the above mentioned thread, Kraetos came up with the idea of using slimeballs for currency. I thought it was ghey at first, but in thinking about it further it may indeed be the perfect coin. It takes some work to get it (as if swinging swords were work), you have to travel a little (though not much, really), and it is round. Like a coin. Or something.

I think it's a great idea, honestly. There are things we have to work out, obviously, like "bankers" being online, deposit areas, etc. But we can do that.

[edit]: Poll added!

So it goes.