View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-07-02, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I absolutely LOVE my Sonos setup. I have 4 One’s, 1 Five, and a couple of the amps hooked up to external speakers. I have one in my bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen, patio, and gym and they work flawlessly together. You can group them together on the fly or independently and you can use AirPlay2 with the. Which is nice for things like Overcast isn’t on Sonos. Super easy to use and setup and the sound quality is fantastic. A One would work great on a desktop.
I'm sure Sonos is okay, never really been impressed by these little Bluetooth/WIFI things sound wise, at least the ones I've listened to. I'm sure they are great for what they are, I guess I just like my "old school" Cambridge Audio tower speakers attached to my 5 channel receiver. The Sonos (based on specs) cannot tough my setup when it comes to sound reproduction, so I guess I'll just have to get by with having high quality sound in one room.

turtle, if you really want a good, just two speaker setup at low cost I've heard good things about Micca speakers attached to low cost amps (25-50W amp is enough for a computer setup IMO). For compact though, I like those Cambridge Minx Min speakers, but they don't seem to sell them in pairs, just as individual speakers, so the cost is higher.