View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-02-08, 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
That kid was a little monster. Glad it was only a commercial, although I've seen things pretty close to that in real life.

What astounds me is simply hearing how some kids talk to their parents - and in public, no less! - these days.

I would've been in so much trouble.
In my experience, kids might sass their moms, but how often do they talk back to their dads?

I cannot *imagine* ever talking back to my dad. Even as an adult, I never felt comfortable disagreeing with him. Not a good thing, I know, but that's the way it was.

There's a commercial with a dad teaching his daughter to drive, and she gets sassy and obnoxious for a moment. Ohhh, I hate that! I *really* wish they hadn't included that snippet in the commercial, because she was so disrespectful; and I think it gives preteen viewers the idea that her behavior is acceptable, partly because the father doesn't react at all to her smart-aleckiness.

A commercial I *do* like is that American Express commercial with Ellen DeGeneres and the office animals. I think it's really well done. I think it's cute when the bird at the typewriter gives a little 'peep', as if to say, "Yep, here I am," and then goes on to start typing busily away.

A commercial that gives me the creeps is that Nextel GPS ad, where the guy stops for road directions at a backwoods gas station, and there's this creepy, Deliverance type of guy who says "*What* did you say to me?" and "*We* give the directions here!" - with a menacing look. *shiver*