View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-09, 12:35

I like in that clip how she bowed and said "your majesty". I was like "that's so not Dana Scully...".

They tend to fling out awards to anyone who transforms to such a degree...appearance, accent, weight, etc. And they especially like when attractive actors (male and female) dowdy themselves up or allow themselves to look less than their usual perfect selves for an Important Roleā„¢. Charlize Theron in Monster, Christian Bale in The Fighter, Matthew McConaughey in Dallas Buyers Club and about 375 other examples over the decades. Hollywood/showbiz loves to see their swans pretend to be "ugly ducklings" for a few hours. Nothing gets a good-looking actor on the nomination/award circuit like messing with their teeth, putting on 30-50 pounds, screwing with their hairline, aging themselves, etc.

So I'd say Ms. Anderson is a lock for at least a few trophies, simply for allowing the world to see her as not the absolute smoking babe she can't help but being, bless her heart.

Watching that trailer, it was kinda sad - and I don't know why - to see the Diana story shown. For some reason, I felt nothing but pity for her - I know that's so stupid, considering her status and how she willingly went into that life/world. But even as a youngster and watching that wedding on live TV with my grandma, I remember thinking "something just seems weird/off...".

She'd still be alive had she not thrown in with that bunch. Granted, she'd probably not be known/famous. But she wouldn't have died the way she did.

EDIT: Yes, I apparently reduced the Royal family to "that bunch".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-09 at 13:01.