View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-25, 17:19

Oh crap, I forgot that behind-the-scenes/making of thing hit today! Off to watch it now...

UPDATE: Okay, you guys need to watch this! It'll only make you appreciate the show more. We all know Favreau and Filoni are the ones to be there, but you come away with a new appreciation for Bryce Dallas Howard and Robert Rodriguez. They "get it" as well, and when they talk you can tell they're true fans. And the actors and crew seem so happy/proud to be part of something like this.

Be sure to note Rodriguez' backyard animatic he did for his idea to re-introduce armored Boba Fett to the world...he used his two sons in costume, action figures and cheap, onscreen/drawn blaster bolts to convey his idea and it's awesome how much of it translated over to the final sequence!

Very cool.

And that circular virtual set thing is so cool!

It was 65 minutes and they labeled it as "Season 2: Episode 1", so I don't know if other things will come weekly for a while, covering different aspects of it (sound, actors, stunts, CGI, vehicles, etc.)? But I'm in, regardless. I'll check every Friday to see if there are more installments.

The behind-the-scenes footage is great, seeing such good, clear and well-lit shots of Ahsoka/Rosario Dawson (he makeup being applied, and rehearing her fighting moves). Interviews with Carl Weathers and Gina Carano as well. And Katee Sackhoff looks to be a bit of a goofball/gigglebox, which is such a sharp contrast to the character she plays, so that was cool/funny to see as well.

Good stuff!

This show, and Star Wars in general, is in the right hands, from all I'm seeing. And this little behind-the-scenes doc only drives that home further.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-12-25 at 19:25.