View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-08, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I just weighed myself Wednesday and I dropped 5lbs between Thanksgiving and then. That was with drinking beer, eating pizza, tacos, chipotle, pasta, and a lot of bourbon. If you put in the work, you can eat whatever you want. I am about 4.5lbs away from my High School Senior year Football weight and since January 2015, I'm down 57lbs.

I am conscious about what I eat and try and eat pretty healthy during the week and cut corners where I can but what I'm saying is just put in the work and eat watch what you eat and you don't have to worry about diets and fads.
This is absolutely true. Losing weight is all about calorie deficit. If you are burning more calories than you are taking in, then your weight will drop regardless your dietary choices.

I am pretty certain that the best weight-loss plan is to determine your ideal BMI, figure out the best caloric intake for that BMI, and then just eat that while performing moderate exercise. Eventually, you will reach that BMI (although it may take a while to get there). At first, you will lose weight very rapidly, but then the losses will begin to taper off. But, you will certainly get where you are going.

If you want to move it along faster, then you just eat less and/or exercise more.

However, one must be careful to balance their diet. You can still lose weight on the pizza and calzone diet if you exercise enough to put yourself into a calorie deficit. However, you may find yourself in an unhealthy state as a result.

I know that the last ten pounds I need to take off is all dependent on that deficit, but it's hard to add muscle and burn fat at the same time while maintaining a deficit. The balance is crazy hard to find. I don't want to burn protein for fuel (which can include burning off muscle). I want to add muscle, which requires tons of protein and carbs, with a moderate amount of fat. But then that fat intake wants to go right back to the gut. It's frustrating as hell!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)