View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-01-14, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Ugh. I must be one of those weird Christians who doesn't have the time or inclination to judge people who aren't Christian. I suppose I'm doing it badly.

I've got meetings tonight so I'll answer the Dr's post later. But I honestly don't see why any religious discussion instantly gets criticized for "judging" people on the other side.

I enjoy discussion and debate with people on the other side. The more removed from my own views, the better. Even if there's dripping sarcasm levelled at times (oh great wise Christian...) no-one's forcing anyone to comment and it's even now a separate thread, so no one has to see it.

It's weird that Kick will come into a discussion thread on a discussion board to warn people not to discuss things.

No-one is swearing at each other, or name-calling or inciting any kind of violence.
Both sides can be passionate, even argumentative when need be, and still get their point across.

I guess it's representative of a culture that is bitterly divided, and has lost the ability to reason around a dinner table together and express their personal views honestly and respectfully. So we all just form our own like-minded silos and online mobs, and attack each other on Twitter.