View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-02-20, 14:07

Holy smokes. I guess I picked the right day (yesterday!) to try out the new snapshot. I was very confused when I dug my usual stair tunnel down to what I thought was bedrock when I hit grimstone instead. I had to look it up in the wiki, and I discovered...

Spoiler (click to toggle):
It goes soooooo much deeper now. Negative 64???

I had read through the grapevine about copper and new cave generation, but that was a big surprise to me.

Copper seems absurdly plentiful wherever I started. Way more than iron in my first couple hours of play. I'm a little disappointed that copper is only used for decorative building blocks and not for any tools or armor, but it's still a really neat addition.

I still haven't encountered this new "Marshal" you're talking about yet.

I strongly suspect that the world generation will be like previous releases and only affect brand new chunks and regions. I can prepare for the usual world cleanup and delete regions we aren't too attached to, but I wonder if maybe before much longer it's time for a fresh world restart? Obviously we have a lot of mining and building invested in the current world, and I wouldn't want to just throw that all away, but I was thinking recently about digging through the various server modding implementations (Forge, Spigot, and even Bukkit) to check out WorldEdit for copying over structures like we'd done in worlds past. Maybe in a few months once this is released and the modding community has updated, we could start a fresh world for a while, stake some claims, and make a list of things to pull over? Thoughts?

Granted, I'm not insisting we do that. Honestly I'm just seeking some feedback before I go experimenting locally with those server mods.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.