Thread: Revisions!
View Single Post
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2009-11-04, 13:26

Unfortunately the only writing I ever do is for school, generally english papers, and like Roboman I'm terrible at revising. Or at least I would imagine myself to be... I haven't actually proofread a paper in over a year (and I've turned in maybe 5-6? If you include french compositions - the only creative writing I've done recently - that number may be up to about 12ish). That being said though I do extensively check myself as I'm writing to be sure all my pronouns have antecedents, everything makes sense at the sentence level and paragraph level, etc. I think part of me just doesn't want to read the whole thing through because I'm scared I won't like it and just be pissed off about it until I get my grade back (and then be even more pissed off about it).

So.... yeah. I should probably adopt some sort of formal revision strategy and actually write more on my own so I have things to revise. Got any other ideas for a story exchange Robo? After this week my school schedule clears up considerably and I might actually have both time and the will to write (I usually have one or the other but rarely both).