View Single Post
PXLpainter

2004-07-27, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
Yes, but you have the worlds most annoying dock style. Tiny icons with 100% magnification. Makes me want to puke...and I mean that in the nicest way
Oh well - different streaks for different freaks, eh?

Everyone has their own dock prefs (which is why it's an editable feature, right?) - and it's more like about 65% magnification - otherwise I couldn't tell exactly which app I'm selecting! Oh - and if you cram a ton of apps into the dock - it forces them to be all on one line - which makes them that tiny. Besides, I have mine set as a pop-up - not permanent. I'm looking forward to the day when we can have 2-3 docks, or stackable docks, or piles or anything else we've been taunted with over the years and can't have yet!

I like having all the apps I use regularly right at hand and not have to fish around in a folder for them - ack! Besides, I use them all - all the time and there is a method to my madness in organizing them along the dock in small groups (another nice thing to have would be movable divider bars along the dock, wouldn't it?). I just do a lot of different kinds of work - imaging, multimedia, sound, video, VR, painting, writing, animation, etc... not just one or two apps will even come close to meeting my needs!

Life is hard... wear a cup.