Thread: Dropbox
View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2009-04-01, 18:07

I use it for everything. All of it. My documents folder has been almost entirely replaced by my Dropbox folder.

I have both a desktop* and a notebook Mac, so having the same documents folder on both, at all times, with zero extra mental effort required on my part, is amazing.

In addition to keeping my documents on there, I also keep my Eclipse workspaces on there, so I can fire up Eclipse on either machine from any location and still have access to all my code. I also keep my Things library on my Dropbox to work around the fact that there is no MobileMe syncing for Things yet. My iPhoto library lives on my Dropbox as well.

Dropbox is one of the most incredible services I've ever purchased. At this point I could never go back to not having cloud storage.

*Technically it's a MacBook Pro attached to an external display and hard drive, but it's connected to the TV as well so my housemates use it when I'm not home. I had a tower for a while, but I move back and forth between home and school a lot, and the tower was a pain in the ass and way more power than I needed.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2009-04-02 at 17:59.