View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2010-10-20, 05:37

This month's challenge is: Outside the Frame.

We are taught to capture a subject within the frame of our viewfinder, but that frame can also bring meaning and emotion by excluding content too. Anticipation, hope, infinity, and engagement are some of the feelings and reactions this kind of exercise can express. At the same time, having what is in the frame refer compositionally to something off frame is a challenge, both forcing the photographer to choose what they capture more carefully, thinking about both the 2D space of the frame and the 3D depth within it.

Every image will have a story. The photographer may have something specific in mind, or the observer may have their own interpretation of what they see. Feel free to post a story if you wish. You can reveal what is going on outside of the image in words or another picture, but you must use spoiler tags! The photograph must stand on it's own.

This might be overly ambitious, but I hope folks will be motivated to try some new stuff. I know that it will make a great assignment for me personally even though I'm not in the running. I can't wait to see what others here can do!

Good luck and happy shooting!

Can a helpful admin or mod please fix the typo in the title? Thank you!

Last edited by BuonRotto : 2010-10-20 at 14:23. Reason: fixed typos except for the title!