View Single Post
Meli

2006-09-20, 15:30

So today I was flipping channels and saw that Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie, was on HBO. I remembered watching that movie over ten years ago. I'll be honest. I was a fan and grew up watching them on TV everyday . Anyway, decided to check it out to see how lame it really was...

The gist of the story is that the evil Ivan Ooze has been released from a hyperlock chamber floating somewhere in space, after thousands of years. So he's pissed at his imprisoner who is none other than Zordon, the Rangers' mentor. He wants to conquer earth and get revenge . He strips the Rangers of their powers. So they go to a distant planet and get new ninja powers to help them restore their old powers . Then the Rangers must return to save Earth (never heard that one before)!

I LMAO!! I can't believe I used to love this stuff! The skydiving opening sequence is cool enough. And then comes the rollerblading (is there anything they can't do). One of the funniest parts is when they're at some construction site fighting guys made of ooze who splatter everywhere when they're defeated. I couldn't stop laughing! The rangers are flying through the air and cart-wheeling all over the place all the while making bad jokes and puns .

And then, no matter how spread out everyone is, they each do a high flip in the air and land perfectly assembled next to each other . Oh! And I love when they're talking while in their Ranger suits. They have to make all kinds of head and hand motions (which in turn make all kinds of swoosh sounds). And lets not forget the pink ranger running around screaming "TOMMY!" throughout the entire movie . That took me back.

I don't mean to bash this movie because I realize that I grew up on this stuff and thought it was the most awesome thing ever. But watching it ten years later made me realize that it was and still is a kids movie. And because of that I forgive the bad puns and overly unrealistic fighting sequences. Overall, I'm glad I saw it again because for an hour and a half I was lost in nostalgia for those simpler days...