View Single Post
Koodari
Veteran Member

2007-05-15, 12:52

I haven't really done anything that would qualify as an arts and crafts project I'm afraid. The closest that comes to mind was a semi-open, friction fit camera pouch with bubble wrap and duct tape. Not cool otherwise, but I realized I need one, looked at the materials there were at hand, and completed it in about two minutes. It's been totally functional for two or three years now, and the camera has survived some pretty evil circumstances. Long projects with an insane amount of work can be great when they succeed (and sometimes even if they don't) but there's a different kind of kick to be had from a spontaneous hack that ends up working.

What I'd like to do at some point is to put together a LED lighting system, for instance inside a translucent plastic table. We'll see.

Chainmail and origami are cool. I knew a guy who made a chainmail, at least some kind, for himself.
Windswept's chainmail find is plain awesome

Oh yeah, and from nerf guns I suddenly remembered I want to buy, make or mod a serious slingshot. Arm support, enough pull for a grown man, and ball bearings for ammo. There would be an infinity of possible ways to use this. Some of them would even be legal and not very hazardous.