View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-22, 10:17

More power to them. The Air should be as thin and light as possible if that’s what they’re going to call it. It’s already stripped down and barebones (hardly any ports, no fan, etc.).

As I say upthread, this should be their “get cute and daring” platform because it’s not positioned/sold as a pro-level powerhouse to begin with. Going nuts with thinness on this particular model makes sense and wouldn’t represent the sacrificing of performance and features the way it might on a higher-end, pro-oriented model.

If this M1 battery performance and running well without a fan means this model can get even more sleek and light...great! The customers this machine is made for will love it. Hell, I’d love it if/when I ever decided I’m done with the drawing/image/design-based stuff and just wanted a nice, basic Mac for surfing/writing and YouTube-watching.

My only gripe is when they chase that sort of thing - excessive thinness, etc. - on the MacBook Pro at the expense of power, useful ports, headroom, etc.

I’m perfectly fine with them treating the $999 Air and the $1,799+ Pro like the two different machines/user targets they’re supposed to be.