View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-26, 22:41

No, Brad took a snapshot from the server before anyone else could change stuff and moved it. 709 was the only one playing on the AN proper server at the time. Once we got Lenny running Brad moved it. What you had when you last logged in is there and work where it was when you left.

So that being said after getting royally shafted by our last host I got the message from my awesome wife that we should get the benefit rather than pay someone $60 a month. So since I already had a great Dell R300 server for my home, I present you Lenny the host of our MC game server:

Click for bigger crappy iPhone pic

Yeah, he's sitting on my utility room fridge. The router on the top left is the firewall/router for my home now. Nevermind that crappy Verizon modem, it's never been used but the tech said I had to have it so there it sits unplugged and not connected to anything. Behind the monitor are some TM backup drives. The UPS on Lenny is 1500V and currently shows a 64 minute run time for Lenny. There's a gigabit switch and a Time Capsule on the shelf with a Vonage phone adapter on the wall.

The power strip is so I can reset my TC and HDDs with the flip of the switch or unplug individual units. My router is providing QoS so that my phone adapter gets first priority followed by Lenny and then the switch the branches out for the rest of the house. Phone adapter is only rated to take about 128kb max.

This means that that it's all coming out of my home and things are running great. I have 25Mb/25Mb FiOS and it's holding steady. A few of us have been playing and there's been no lag and no issues that I'm aware of. CPU load and capacity are good! Yeah! I love having a supportive wife.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.