View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2010-01-23, 00:15

The construction industry around here isn't doing so well, but I hate my job enough to look for new work anyway. If things don't pick up soon, I may be looking for a new job regardless. So I am getting my resume together and updating my print portfolio layouts, which are easy enough for me. I've done this a few times now. But whereas I used to leave a CD with a PDF and Quicktime slideshow of my portfolio, it's time forme to put my work online and format it there.

My needs are simple. I have 9 architectural projects with multiple images for each. I don't really need or necesarily want Flash, though simple elegant transitions between slides, etc. would be good. Good layout and navigation are musts. Privacy is paramount. I can neither let my current employer see the content of the site, nor can I broadcast the images that I may have per fair use, but others may not have the opportunity to Google these things and copy them willy-nilly.

I own a domain, joeldabrowski.com that I bought from GoDaddy. It currently forwards to a MobileMe Gallery with nothing on it. MobileMe could work but I am without a Mac right now so I can't password protect the albums without iPhoto. this is also why I can't just whip up an iWeb site layout. I have a Flickr account but as far as I can tell, I can't find the means to secure it the way I'd like either.

Can anyone recommend either a host site for my needs, or even a web template that I can try to use (I'm not at all savvy with web layout)? Cheap is good, and a one-time cost would be fine if I can just host the template on GoDaddy which is already paid for. Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to post progress in whatever avenue I take.

Cheers,

Joel