Thread: Go RVing
View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-06-03, 16:30

We had our first trip over Memorial Day weekend. Had a few problems, the biggest of which was that the stock battery was just crap! (Our new batteries had not gotten here yet). Ran out of power the first night using nothing but the fridge and water pump. Fortunately, another of our group brought up his generator the following day and we were able to re-charge (we bought a generator to solve this potential future problem).

The BattleBorn batteries got here last week and I've been getting the wiring all sorted out. Two 100Ah batteries in parallel, a 2000W inverter, a solar panel adapter, and a 12v outlet. All the parts are here and I am getting the electrics in order before I build the new battery housing inside the storage compartment (putting them inside because they are $$$$ and I don't want them to get stolen.) The 12v outlet is for my wife's CPAP, and is far more efficient than going through the inverter. The inverter exists for other possible electrical needs when out in the boonies.

By the way, the two BB batteries and all of the additional electrics combined weigh less than the single lead acid battery I am replacing while yielding 4x the available power.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)