View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2017-02-26, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Robo, how does supply feel for people who didn't do a pre-order?

I feel like they're dropping the ball on this just like they did with the Classic. They basically disappeared from pre-order within a day or two and haven't see anything since.
At my coastal metro elitist store, we have 40 grey and 8 neon systems, none of which are pre-ordered (we only did pre-orders online). That's actually not bad for a console launch, for us. Stores in smaller Midwestier cities are getting more like 15 and 2, however. (They come five to a case, but due to low stock of neons they're breaking up packs.) We're supposed to get a few more cases in just before launch, which would be nice.

We're expecting a pretty big line before opening on the third, just due to call volume and the fact that most other retailers have pre-sold much of their inventory. I don't know if we'll end up handing out tickets for all of our grey ones before we open, but I expect the neons to all be claimed by opening. Headquarters thinks all stores will have enough inventory to last into next week ("Nintendo Switch — available now!" is the cover of next week's ad), but they're known to...underestimate things.

I'd definitely get in line if you want extra joycons or a pro controller. We have one of the red/blue neon joycon sets. One.

I'm less worried about day one quantities and more worried that we'll sell a bunch on day one and then get nothing for months. Nintendo has really been dropping the ball on that lately; we haven't received NES Classics in well over a month and we can't even keep 3DS systems in. We get one or two, and they sell the same morning...they left so much money on the table this last holiday season, it was ridiculous.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

Last edited by Robo : 2017-02-26 at 17:19.