View Single Post
DrGruv

2004-09-19, 01:20

I've got a quicksilver 2002 and have decided to go the upgrade route until next summer or fall...

(I've put in a Radeon 9000 and Pioneer DVR-107 and will soon go with a powerlogix upgrade)

Ok

I'm kind of lucky that within a few miles of my house outside Chicago, there is the oakbrook, woodfield apple stores and other outlets like compusa, microcenter and others..

I got out my handy microcenter flyer and headed over to westmont and picked up a load of cd blanks and slim line cases and etc..

I happened to walk through the apple display, sat down and started playing around with a G5 and a 23" screen. I WAS BLOWN AWAY by the awesome amount of information you could display... endless audio tracks, with perhaps the entire song (80+ measures) showing in a linear layout. Unbelievable, outstanding, amazing, - then the price oops, $2000 for the damn display?!?

It is truly amazing, but I can't seem to come around to spending that much on a display?!? You could easily get a decked out ibook and 12" powerbook and a pretty serious 15" powerbook or for that matter a G5 dual 1.8....

The display was amazing but for the $2000, you could do a lot in other areas with that cash...

Any Body else in this situation?

While totally amazing - $2000 on a display, I can't seem to justify that kind of cost...

Wishing I had unlimited funds and confused and amazed in Chicago

I'll probably compromise and go for the 20" - I was just wondering what others have been thinking as they plan their purchases.. similar fates?

- Michael Droste Itunes Link Stop By: TrumpetStudio.com or SaveThePlanetSong.org Some Main Gear: AT4050, Dual 1.8 G4, Logic, Waves Plat, Waves SSL, Tritone, URS, PSP, Zebra, BFD, RND, Sony Oxford, Altiverb...