View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-03-16, 14:33

Actually, Duke is overrated. They live and die by the Three and have almost no inside presence. Clemson matches up really well against UNC: strong, big inside game and some nimble guards on the outside, strong D. Clemson has given UNC fits twice before. In this game, UNC pulled away a bit in the second half, but not without a lot of foul trouble and times when they were frustrated and stagnant. Now that Roy Williams has finally (geez) figured out how to deal with Duke's screens for outside shots, Duke isn't much of a threat. I think given the talent in the Tourney and that effective strategy, I can't see Duke getting past the round of 16. Frankly, given how UNC, despite their immense talent and all-around game, seems to keep things a little too close and even let themselves fall behind in a lot of games, I doubt they can win it all either. Clemson has a chance I think to go pretty far too. I think they're underrated. Rankings seem to be based on repute and hearsay as much as performance, and Clemson just doesn't have the same repute as the UNC and Duke programs.

Re: Raycom Sports -- at least it wasn't Billy Packer. On the other hand, thank GOD it wasn't Dick Vitale either!