2008-06-21, 08:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
This is the internet, you dont have to pay for software is you dont want to
Cheeky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmonkey
ok, thanks for that!
a bit of a shame that one has to purchase the 10.5 version, i mean i'm at 10.4.11 for gods sake soooooo close, yet soooo far
What? A bunch of great features like Time Machine and others are not worth the very reasonable price of an upgrade?

If not, then I think you should re-learn how-to buy stuff. I think shopping online has killed one of the great experiences of shopping... Haggling!! Now I know you have just purchased a WD backup drive - Where did you get it from? Did the thought of going to your local Apple store in person and trying to strike a deal? Whenever I am shopping there is only one rule - "It doesn't hurt to ask for a discount or a deal". The worst answer can only be no!

Just having a quick look on the Apple website I randomly picked the "Iomega UltraMax Hard Drive 500GB". £99 from Apple and A quick Froogle shows not a massive price difference - cheapest was just over £85. So you could say that Apple are charging a £14 premium. Now if you also want a copy of Leopard, ask in store what discount they will give if you buy both today?

Worst case: Nothing.
Best case: The £14 extra off the drive, and maybe a bit off the price of Leopard too.

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!